It’s just something about a cup of hot chocolate that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Especially on a cold winter’s day. And here in the state of Florida we have very few of those. More like none existent but when we do the Porter’s like to make the must of it. And take full advantage. So put an extra log on the fireplace and get the mugs ready. It’s time to celebrate the moments of your life.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk)
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Mini Marshmallows (optional), for garnish
- chocolate curls (optional), for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve it up hot & top with marshmallows and chocolate curls, if desired.
*Chef’s Note: Chocolate can be store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
My family loves punch. Punch for bar-b-ques. Punch for birthdays. Punch for the holidays. Anyday, Anytime PUNCH, PUNCH, PUNCH! Yes! we love it that much. So today I have for you a Porter house original that is a sure crowd pleaser. So go ahead and get that punch bowl ready. It’s Party Time!
- 2 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry flavored Jell-O mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 (6 oz.) cans frozen orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen pink lemonade juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles of ginger-ale, chilled
- slice fruits (optional), for garnish
- Bring the sugar, water, cherry and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Let the juices cool.
- Divide mixture into 2 or 3 (gallon size) ziploc freezer bags. Freeze the mixture overnight. 3 to 4 hours before the party remove from freezer and allow mixture to thaw partially.
- When ready to serve combine the contents of the punch mixture with the bottles of chilled ginger-ale in a large enough container; stir until slushy. Fill punch bowl with combined mixture and refill as needed. Recipe makes enough for 2 punch bowls.
I love myself some tea. Tea in the morning. Tea in the noontime. Tea at night. So today my friends I thought that I would share a recipe with you that takes me back to my childhood. As I type I can vividly see momma in the kitchen whipping up a pot of this tea on a cold winter’s morning. Little did I know back then it was so easy to make. But that didn’t matter to me. All I knew was Meca like and that it was my absolute FAVORITE. So get that kettle a brewing; It’s time for high-tea.
- 1 cup Tang or powdered orange-flavored drink mix
- 1/2 cup powdered lemonade (such as Country Time)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix ingredients together and keep in tightly covered jar. Use approximately two heaping teaspoons for one 10 oz. cup of tea.
*CHEF’S NOTE – If the final product doesn’t taste sweet enough for you, simply add up to another 1/4 cup of sugar to the mix.
Who loves a big cup of cocoa on a cold winter’s day? I sure do. But then there are those times when only a frothy, cold, chocolaty beverage will do. And that is exactly what this recipe is; Pure Nuetella Bliss and the best part of all it is SUPER easy to make & very affordable too. So say buh-bye to those overpriced ones at the coffee house and become your very own barista today!
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nutella spread
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet hot chocolate mix
- 1½ cup coconut milk, divided (can use other kinds of milk)
- 3-4 cups ice (may need more or less)
- whip cream (garnish)
- sugar (optional)
- In a double boiler add milk chocolate chips and stir occasionally until melted.
- Stir in Nutella until combined.
- Stir in hot chocolate mix
- Stir in ½ cup coconut milk until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let chocolate cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, add the remaining 1 cup coconut milk, chocolate mixture, and ice.
- Blend until ice is completely crushed.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with whip cream and mini chocolate chips.
- Add a straw, serve & enjoy!
One of my favorite all time drinks is the Cherry Limeade with No Ice from Sonic. I mean what could be better than sipping on this while enjoying the endless sunny days here in the great state of Florida? This concoction is cool and refreshing. Guaranteed to tickle the taste buds with its limey-sweet flavor. Not to forget it will help to cool you off as well. Its just like having a Sonic drive thru in your kitchen. Ahhh refreshing!
- 1 (2-liter bottle) lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, with juice
- Thin lime slices
- crushed ice, optional
1. Chill all ingredients before mixing.
2. When cold, combine the lemon-lime soda, lime juice, sugar, cherries with their juice and lime slices in a large pitcher and stir.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Serve over crushed ice (optional). Garnish with some extra cherries and limes in each serving.
This is truly a Porter House Original and is made at every family get together.
1 Gallon Pitcher
2 Family Size Tea Bags
2 cups of Sugar
1 pack of Lemonade Kool-Aid
1 cup of Minute Maid Peach Juice
Sliced Lemons for garnish (optional)
Mint for garnish (optional)
Fill gallon pitcher with water and place in tea bags. Put pitcher in refrigerator overnight to let the tea brew. Next day remove tea bags and add lemonade kool-aid, peach juice and sugar. Stir until well combined. Pour yourself a glass and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint (optional). Don’t forget the ice & ENJOY!