Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate
It’s just something about a cup of hot chocolate that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Especially on a cold winter’s day. And here in the state of Florida we have very few of those. More like none existent but when we do the Porter’s like to make the must of it. And take full advantage. So put an extra log on the fireplace and get the mugs ready. It’s time to celebrate the moments of your life.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk)
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Mini Marshmallows (optional), for garnish
- chocolate curls (optional), for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve it up hot & top with marshmallows and chocolate curls, if desired.
*Chef’s Note: Chocolate can be store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
Posted on January 24, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged breakfast, brunch, drinks, hot chocolate, lunch, non-alcoholic, recipe, snack, sugar fairy bake shoppe. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
This is a good and nice recipe, here in Montreal we need a lot of those to keep us warm.
Pingback: SNOW CREAM! If it’s gonna snow, you may as well enjoy it! | Coffee Break with Liz and Kate