Monthly Archives: January 2015
OMG! Hummus Wrap
Just when I thought there was only one way to eat hummus … Pioneer Woman goes and do this!!! Hummus Wrap! I’m like OMG! WHAT?!?!? And to top it all off it is loaded with some of my faves … Artichokes, Feta Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Grilled Onions … Need I say more! Ummm. Is it lunch time yet? #HUNGRY
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Halved And Sliced
- 1 whole Spinach Flour or Favorite Tortilla (large)
- 1/4 cup Hummus (Homemade Or Store Bought) – By All Means Add More If Needed
- 1 whole Roasted Red Pepper, Sliced
- 3 whole Artichoke Hearts, Halved
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Tablespoon Your Favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette (Homemade Or Store Bought)
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the red onions and cook slowly for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and deep golden brown. Set aside and let them cool slightly.
- Grill the tortilla on a grill pan over medium heat for 1 minute, just until it has grill marks on the outside. (If you don’t have a grill pan, just use a skillet.) The tortilla should still be soft and pliable; just with a little bit of color! Let the tortilla cool slightly.
- To assemble the wrap, spread the hummus down the middle third of the tortilla. Arrange the cooked onion slices and the sliced roasted red peppers all over the hummus. Add the artichoke heart halves. Toss the salad greens in the balsamic dressing, then lay them on the wrap. Finally, sprinkle the crumbled feta all over the greens.
- Carefully wrap up the tortilla, tucking in the ends. Slice the wrap down the middle, share with a friend or NOT!
Credit of Recipe & Photo is courtesy of The Pioneer Woman
It’s Been A Minute!
Long time no hear from right! I Know …. Shame on me. A lot has occurred and transpired since my last post. Truth be told I wasn’t feeling inspired to blog … But I am back in business. Yes Sir … The Sunshine is Back and might I add shining brighter than ever.
I’m so excited to get back into the swing of things and I am looking forward to carrying you along for the ride. So Stay Tuned!