Just yesterday I was told that I was vain. Wait, What? VAIN … I’m the least vain person on this planet! All of a sudden I was stricken with sadness because at that very moment they didn’t know my hidden struggle. My struggle of loving me just the way I was. My struggle of self acceptance. My struggle of being insecure. My struggle of feeling beautiful and pretty.
For the past year I have truly been working hard to overcome these insecurities and even though I am slowly evolving to really believe that my black is beautiful, 70% of the time I am not happy with myself. I wished I looked different. I often wonder what people thoughts are after I enter into a room. But through it all daily I remind myself that God has not giving me a spirit of fear. He has made me beautiful in His sight. I Love me and my new found self love for myself is just that, LOVE … Not Vanity! 💋
#LadyFabInspirations #LovingMeBeautifully #ILoveMe #SelfLoveIsTheBestLove #NoBodyShame #BodyConfidence #MyBlackIsBeautiful #IAmLadyFab
Thank You to all who participated in the Get Fab Workout Challenge. And even though the month of September has come and gone Don’t Stop … Keep Pushing Towards Your Goal!
And without further a do
The Winner Of The Giveaway Is …..
Tiffiney Yvette (@cinnaberri)
Tiffiney please inbox me your information so your prize pack can be mailed to you. Thank You All Once Again.
~ Lady Fab 💋
I AM STRONG
~ I’ve gone through hell and still kept walking. I know my weakness.
I AM WORTHY
~ It took me a long time to believe that. I worked through my “unworthiness.”
I AM BEAUTIFUL
~ And no one needs to convience me of that anymore. I’ve dropped that illusion of not enough.
I AM IMPERFECT
~ I have imperfections but that doesnt make me IMperfect. I am perfect as I AM.
I AM LADY FAB 💋
~ “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.” – Ps 139:14
#EverydayRunway #Fashionista #CurvyStyle #ILoveMe #BodyConfidence #MyBlackIsBeautiful #LifestyleBlogger #IAmLadyFab 💋#YearOfTheFab – September Edition
You know you had a great birthday if you have to give yourself a penalty for excessive celebration. I truly enjoyed my FAB 40 celebration but this morning as I was walking I felt as if I was wearing every calorie I consumed. As much as I enjoyed my birthday month … I am happy to see it go. It’s time to get back to business as usual and there is no better way to do that than to kick off a Get Fab Challenge and Giveaway!
So here’s the skinny …
The Challenge – The entire month of September commit to a 30 min work out for at least 3 days a week.
Giveaway Rules – Type “ENTER ME” in the comment section below to be entered in the drawing for a $20 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Entry for giveaway will close at 11:59 PM, September 30, 2016.
And in true Lady Fab fashion I leave you with Love You Much 💜
On Your Mark.
Tag A Friend Who Needs #FitnessMotivation
A Note From The Lady Within …
I’ve watched you for a long time. I’ve watched you blossom and grow into the Lady you are today. And how sweet it is for me to tell you that life as you know it turns The FAB 40 today. A life that was filled with moments that changed you. Experiences that shaped you. And life lessons that pushed you to the edges of hopelesness and faith.
You have prayed. You have listened. You have learned. You have tried. You have failed. But most importantly you have succeeded.
Even though many will utter these two words to you today … I want to be the first to tell you, Happy Birthday! I’m So Proud Of The Woman You Have Become.
Love You Much 💜
Signed, Lady Fab
I LOVE CANDLES! But most of all I LOVE Bath & Body Works Candles. No other candles compare; Seriously, They are truly my absolute fave! I think I have become more like obsessed with them over the years. I literally have one in every room. House smells like Heaven! But after the sweet smelling aroma has burnt out I often wondered what can I possibly do with all these empty vessels. They’re to pretty to just throw away. And as luck would have it I found some great re-purpose ideas on my favorite social media sites that I just had to share with you. Happy DIY’ing!
I refer to this dish as the “Get Yo Man Chicken”. Simply because my Sweetie has been loving on the dish ever since the first time I made it for him. I have truly made this recipe so many times, I can actually fix it with my eyes closed. It’s truly a Porter House staple. #SoGood
White and/or Dark Chicken
Chopped Parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry
3. Generously seasoning chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and adobo seasoning.
4. Place seasoned chicken in baking dish and place a small pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
5. Place chicken in pre-heated oven and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until juices run clear.
6. When chicken is fully cooked, take out of the oven and let it set for 5 mins.
7. Sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley (optional). Serve with your favorite side dish and Enjoy!
Work. Meetings. Appointments. Playing Taxi Cab. Taking the kids to soccer practice. Helping with Homework. Choir Practice. The list just goes on and on. And after all that who has time for some quiet alone time with your spouse or significant other? Let alone stand over a hot stove and cook a gourmet meal. But don’t fret; Sunshine is here to save the day or night in this case. I’ve discovered 15 Easy One-Pot Recipes that you can re-create together for a special date night in. So light some candles, turn on some slow jams and open up a bottle of your favorite wine. It’s time to unplug and connect with some good food & adult conversation!
1. Baked Chicken with Tomatoes & Garlic: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
2. Skillet Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan: Get the recipe on Simple Bites
3. Potato, Kale & White Bean Hash: Get the recipe on Beard & Bonnet
4. Creamy Baked Millet w/ Butternut Squash: Get the recipe on Autumn Makes And Does
5. Barbeque Shrimp – New Orleans Style: Get the recipe on Wonky Wonderful
6. Mushroom Skillet Lasagna: Get the recipe on Savory Simple
7. Crispy Chicken Legs and Brussels Sprouts: Get the recipe on So Let’s Hang Out!
8. Saffron Shakshouka: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
9. Spicy roast chicken with Carrots, Olives & Lemon: Get the recipe on The Crumb Blog
10. Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup: Get the recipe on Nosh & Nourish
11. Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
12. Chicken & Eggplant Sauté: Get the recipe on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
13. Skillet Spaghetti: Get the recipe on Julie’s Eats & Treats
14. Thai Basil Cashew Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
15. Saucy Chicken: Get the recipe on Diethood
Photo Credits: Simple Bites, Wonky Wonderful & Nosh and Nourish