You know you had a great birthday if you have to give yourself a penalty for excessive celebration. I truly enjoyed my FAB 40 celebration but this morning as I was walking I felt as if I was wearing every calorie I consumed. As much as I enjoyed my birthday month … I am happy to see it go. It’s time to get back to business as usual and there is no better way to do that than to kick off a Get Fab Challenge and Giveaway!
So here’s the skinny …
The Challenge – The entire month of September commit to a 30 min work out for at least 3 days a week.
Giveaway Rules – Type “ENTER ME” in the comment section below to be entered in the drawing for a $20 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Entry for giveaway will close at 11:59 PM, September 30, 2016.
And in true Lady Fab fashion I leave you with Love You Much 💜
On Your Mark.
Tag A Friend Who Needs #FitnessMotivation
A Note From The Lady Within …
I’ve watched you for a long time. I’ve watched you blossom and grow into the Lady you are today. And how sweet it is for me to tell you that life as you know it turns The FAB 40 today. A life that was filled with moments that changed you. Experiences that shaped you. And life lessons that pushed you to the edges of hopelesness and faith.
You have prayed. You have listened. You have learned. You have tried. You have failed. But most importantly you have succeeded.
Even though many will utter these two words to you today … I want to be the first to tell you, Happy Birthday! I’m So Proud Of The Woman You Have Become.
Love You Much 💜
Signed, Lady Fab
I LOVE CANDLES! But most of all I LOVE Bath & Body Works Candles. No other candles compare; Seriously, They are truly my absolute fave! I think I have become more like obsessed with them over the years. I literally have one in every room. House smells like Heaven! But after the sweet smelling aroma has burnt out I often wondered what can I possibly do with all these empty vessels. They’re to pretty to just throw away. And as luck would have it I found some great re-purpose ideas on my favorite social media sites that I just had to share with you. Happy DIY’ing!
I refer to this dish as the “Get Yo Man Chicken”. Simply because my Sweetie has been loving on the dish ever since the first time I made it for him. I have truly made this recipe so many times, I can actually fix it with my eyes closed. It’s truly a Porter House staple. #SoGood
White and/or Dark Chicken
Chopped Parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry
3. Generously seasoning chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and adobo seasoning.
4. Place seasoned chicken in baking dish and place a small pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
5. Place chicken in pre-heated oven and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until juices run clear.
6. When chicken is fully cooked, take out of the oven and let it set for 5 mins.
7. Sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley (optional). Serve with your favorite side dish and Enjoy!
Work. Meetings. Appointments. Playing Taxi Cab. Taking the kids to soccer practice. Helping with Homework. Choir Practice. The list just goes on and on. And after all that who has time for some quiet alone time with your spouse or significant other? Let alone stand over a hot stove and cook a gourmet meal. But don’t fret; Sunshine is here to save the day or night in this case. I’ve discovered 15 Easy One-Pot Recipes that you can re-create together for a special date night in. So light some candles, turn on some slow jams and open up a bottle of your favorite wine. It’s time to unplug and connect with some good food & adult conversation!
1. Baked Chicken with Tomatoes & Garlic: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
2. Skillet Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan: Get the recipe on Simple Bites
3. Potato, Kale & White Bean Hash: Get the recipe on Beard & Bonnet
4. Creamy Baked Millet w/ Butternut Squash: Get the recipe on Autumn Makes And Does
5. Barbeque Shrimp – New Orleans Style: Get the recipe on Wonky Wonderful
6. Mushroom Skillet Lasagna: Get the recipe on Savory Simple
7. Crispy Chicken Legs and Brussels Sprouts: Get the recipe on So Let’s Hang Out!
8. Saffron Shakshouka: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
9. Spicy roast chicken with Carrots, Olives & Lemon: Get the recipe on The Crumb Blog
10. Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup: Get the recipe on Nosh & Nourish
11. Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
12. Chicken & Eggplant Sauté: Get the recipe on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
13. Skillet Spaghetti: Get the recipe on Julie’s Eats & Treats
14. Thai Basil Cashew Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
15. Saucy Chicken: Get the recipe on Diethood
Photo Credits: Simple Bites, Wonky Wonderful & Nosh and Nourish
Just when I thought there was only one way to eat hummus … Pioneer Woman goes and do this!!! Hummus Wrap! I’m like OMG! WHAT?!?!? And to top it all off it is loaded with some of my faves … Artichokes, Feta Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Grilled Onions … Need I say more! Ummm. Is it lunch time yet? #HUNGRY
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Halved And Sliced
- 1 whole Spinach Flour or Favorite Tortilla (large)
- 1/4 cup Hummus (Homemade Or Store Bought) – By All Means Add More If Needed
- 1 whole Roasted Red Pepper, Sliced
- 3 whole Artichoke Hearts, Halved
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Tablespoon Your Favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette (Homemade Or Store Bought)
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the red onions and cook slowly for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and deep golden brown. Set aside and let them cool slightly.
- Grill the tortilla on a grill pan over medium heat for 1 minute, just until it has grill marks on the outside. (If you don’t have a grill pan, just use a skillet.) The tortilla should still be soft and pliable; just with a little bit of color! Let the tortilla cool slightly.
- To assemble the wrap, spread the hummus down the middle third of the tortilla. Arrange the cooked onion slices and the sliced roasted red peppers all over the hummus. Add the artichoke heart halves. Toss the salad greens in the balsamic dressing, then lay them on the wrap. Finally, sprinkle the crumbled feta all over the greens.
- Carefully wrap up the tortilla, tucking in the ends. Slice the wrap down the middle, share with a friend or NOT!
Credit of Recipe & Photo is courtesy of The Pioneer Woman
Long time no hear from right! I Know …. Shame on me. A lot has occurred and transpired since my last post. Truth be told I wasn’t feeling inspired to blog … But I am back in business. Yes Sir … The Sunshine is Back and might I add shining brighter than ever.
I’m so excited to get back into the swing of things and I am looking forward to carrying you along for the ride. So Stay Tuned!