Porter House Russian Tea
I love myself some tea. Tea in the morning. Tea in the noontime. Tea at night. So today my friends I thought that I would share a recipe with you that takes me back to my childhood. As I type I can vividly see momma in the kitchen whipping up a pot of this tea on a cold winter’s morning. Little did I know back then it was so easy to make. But that didn’t matter to me. All I knew was Meca like and that it was my absolute FAVORITE. So get that kettle a brewing; It’s time for high-tea.
- 1 cup Tang or powdered orange-flavored drink mix
- 1/2 cup powdered lemonade (such as Country Time)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix ingredients together and keep in tightly covered jar. Use approximately two heaping teaspoons for one 10 oz. cup of tea.
*CHEF’S NOTE – If the final product doesn’t taste sweet enough for you, simply add up to another 1/4 cup of sugar to the mix.
Posted on January 4, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged drinks, food, non-alcoholic, recipe, russian tea, the porter house grille. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment