- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can basil, oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- few shakes of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted on January 4, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged cabbage soup, dinner, food, lunch, recipe, the porter house grille, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: Roasted tomato soup (Recipe recommended for children older than 9 months) | foods for babys