Porter House Party Punch
My family loves punch. Punch for bar-b-ques. Punch for birthdays. Punch for the holidays. Anyday, Anytime PUNCH, PUNCH, PUNCH! Yes! we love it that much. So today I have for you a Porter house original that is a sure crowd pleaser. So go ahead and get that punch bowl ready. It’s Party Time!
- 2 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry flavored Jell-O mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 (6 oz.) cans frozen orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen pink lemonade juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles of ginger-ale, chilled
- slice fruits (optional), for garnish
- Bring the sugar, water, cherry and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Let the juices cool.
- Divide mixture into 2 or 3 (gallon size) ziploc freezer bags. Freeze the mixture overnight. 3 to 4 hours before the party remove from freezer and allow mixture to thaw partially.
- When ready to serve combine the contents of the punch mixture with the bottles of chilled ginger-ale in a large enough container; stir until slushy. Fill punch bowl with combined mixture and refill as needed. Recipe makes enough for 2 punch bowls.
Posted on January 23, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged drinks, food, non-alcoholic, party punch, recipe, the porter house grille. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.