I love me some cheesecake. Cherry, Snickers, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Key Lime, Strawberry, Plain, ANY C-H-E-E-S-E-C-A-K-E! That’s why I can’t wait til my birthday. Anywho, whenever I get the chance to treat myself to something good; my go to is always cheesecake. Try this no fuss, no bake, easy as pie recipe today. It’s sure to please the senses.
for the crust
2 cups Nilla Wafers crumbs, finely crushed
1 stick of butter, melted
1/3 cup of sugar
for the filling
2 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, soften
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put Nilla Wafers in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine.
2. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
3. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the soften cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
5. Pour the filling into the prepared crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
6. Unclasp sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.
7. Top with your favorite fruit topping or serve plain. Your Choice.
*CHEF’S NOTE – The cookie pie crust can be made with any type of crunchy cookie like Oreos, graham crackers, shortbread, gingersnaps, chocolate chip cookies etc. Be creative & Let your imagination run wild.
I remember the first time I had this dessert. I LOVED it then & I LOVE it even more today. Its cool, refreshing and not overly sweet. Just perfect for a hot summer’s day. It’s even better the next day; if by chance there are any leftovers. Truly a family favorite here in the Porter House.
2 cups of grahams crackers, crushed
6 tablespoons of sugar
6 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 – 8 oz of cream cheese, soften
1 – 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 – 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
1 – 8 oz container of cool whip
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake for 10 min.
In a large bowl, beat soften cream cheese and sweetened condense milk until smooth. Next mix in the drained crushed pineapple. Now fold in the cool whip. Spoon pineapple mixture over graham cracker crust once it has completely cooled. Garnish mixture with a few graham cracker crumbs sprinkled on top. Refrigerate overnight. Serve the next day and enjoy!
How many times have I made banana pudding for my family? Let me count the times. LOL. I can remember the very first time I made this delectable delight as if is it was yesterday. And as fast as you can say banana pudding it was all gone. That’s just how much they loved it. To this day I have been making it ever since. Countless times. Try this recipe today it will sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 box of Vanilla Wafers
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3-oz) box instant Vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-oz) container of cool whip
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend with a handheld mixer. Using another bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Next fold in 3/4 of the the cool whip to the mixture.
Now line the bottom of a 13×9 dish with a layer of vanilla wafers. Then a layer of 3-4 bananas. Next layer half the pudding mixture on top of the wafers and bananas. Repeat the layers with the remaining wafers, bananas and pudding. Top dessert with remaining cool whip and garnish with a few crumbled vanilla wafers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*TIP: Give this dish a more elegant flare by using Chessmen Cookies