I love me some cheesecake. Cherry, Snickers, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Key Lime, Strawberry, Plain, ANY C-H-E-E-S-E-C-A-K-E! That’s why I can’t wait til my birthday. Anywho, whenever I get the chance to treat myself to something good; my go to is always cheesecake. Try this no fuss, no bake, easy as pie recipe today. It’s sure to please the senses.
for the crust
2 cups Nilla Wafers crumbs, finely crushed
1 stick of butter, melted
1/3 cup of sugar
for the filling
2 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, soften
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put Nilla Wafers in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine.
2. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
3. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the soften cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
5. Pour the filling into the prepared crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
6. Unclasp sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.
7. Top with your favorite fruit topping or serve plain. Your Choice.
*CHEF’S NOTE – The cookie pie crust can be made with any type of crunchy cookie like Oreos, graham crackers, shortbread, gingersnaps, chocolate chip cookies etc. Be creative & Let your imagination run wild.
Posted on August 2, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged cheesecake, cream cheese, dessert, food, Nilla Wafers, recipe, sugar fairy bake shoppe, sweetened condensed milk. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.