Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. I’ll have them anyway I can get them. Yes! I love them just that much. Only problem is they love me just that much too. A straight killer to the hips and thighs. But what can I say, “Country Cookin’ Makes Ya Good Lookin'”. Yes Ma’am! So my question to you is: Are you looking for something downright sinful? Something comforting? Something that make you close your eyes and picture home? Well look no further cause this is it. Perfect for any breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner table.
Psssst, Did I mention that it rivals the well known version @ Cracker Barrel. Well that’s what I heard but hey you haven’t heard that from me. LOL 🙂
Recipe & Photo is courtesy of Mama’s Southern Cooking
- 1 bag (2 pounds) frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken & mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of chicken & mushroom soup, diced onions, melted butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add the thawed hash browns to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an 1 hour or until hot and bubbly and it begins to brown on top.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving & Enjoy!
CHEF’S TIP: This cheesy hash brown casserole is a great recipe for you to BYOC (Be Your Own Chef). You can add bacon, ham or even hot dogs. Use different types of cheeses or even add some vegetables. Be creative and have fun with it!
Posted on April 12, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged breakfast, brunch, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Cracker Barrel, dinner, food, lunch, recipe, the porter house grille, The Rays Of Sunshine, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely benefit from some
of the information you present here. Please let me know if
this okay with you. Many thanks!
I like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently. I am quite certain I’ll be told many new stuff right right here!
Best of luck for the following!