Daily Archives: April 12, 2013
Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. I’ll have them anyway I can get them. Yes! I love them just that much. Only problem is they love me just that much too. A straight killer to the hips and thighs. But what can I say, “Country Cookin’ Makes Ya Good Lookin'”. Yes Ma’am! So my question to you is: Are you looking for something downright sinful? Something comforting? Something that make you close your eyes and picture home? Well look no further cause this is it. Perfect for any breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner table.
Psssst, Did I mention that it rivals the well known version @ Cracker Barrel. Well that’s what I heard but hey you haven’t heard that from me. LOL 🙂
Recipe & Photo is courtesy of Mama’s Southern Cooking
- 1 bag (2 pounds) frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken & mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of chicken & mushroom soup, diced onions, melted butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add the thawed hash browns to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an 1 hour or until hot and bubbly and it begins to brown on top.
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving & Enjoy!
CHEF’S TIP: This cheesy hash brown casserole is a great recipe for you to BYOC (Be Your Own Chef). You can add bacon, ham or even hot dogs. Use different types of cheeses or even add some vegetables. Be creative and have fun with it!
This recipe is easy as pie. No Really! It’s just that simple. 6 ingredients & no fuss. Now hard can that be? So get yo’ appetite ready. It’s time to tickle those taste buds. Cause the warm weather is here to stay! #HelloLover
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Taste Of Home
- 1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- lemon slices, for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in lemonade concentrate.
- Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired.
- Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate until set.
If I’ve said it once. I’ve said it a thousand times … “I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE.” As always I’m strolling social media and what appears on my computer screen? This dessert right chere! Yes I typed Right Chere, LOL. Anywho, It was like the earth had stop moving and the angelic chorus had started singing when my eyes locked in on this beauty. This is most definitely a must try in the Porter House. So now that I have peaked your interest & tantalized the tastebuds, head on over to Spend With Pennies to get the complete ingredient list & instructions on how to make this delectable dessert. You’ll #ThankMeLater. ENJOY!
Recipe & Photo is courtesy of Spend With Pennies Facebook Page