Are you ready for some Football??? A Super Bowl Party??? I know I am. And this recipe would be the perfect star attraction. Sweet, Tangy and Down Right Tasty. The beauty of this dish is the sauce keeps getting better and better with time. So go ahead and get those napkins ready. It’s time for some #SaucyGoodness.
for the meatballs:
- 2 lb. ground beef, lean
- 1 env. dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. dry bread or cracker crumbs
- dash of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
for the sauce:
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle chili sauce
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. grape jelly
- 1/2 c. beer
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. minced onions
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- For the meatballs: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls (bite size). Place on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake for 20 minutes.
- For the sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally; if mixture becomes too thick just add water.
- Once the meatballs are fully cooked place them in a crock pot and pour the sauce over them. Place a cup of toothpicks next to the crock pot and you are ready to entertain.
Let me just start off by saying WE LOVE CHEESE. I mean if we could have it on everything we would. Cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, Gruyere, Provolone, Mozzarella, Just Cheese, Cheese, Cheese! And if you are anything like us you would loathe this recipe. It’s super packed with cheese, bacon, nuts and herbs. YUM! It’s so good and easy to make & just in time to be a feature at your Super Bowl party. Whip it up today & watch the crowd go wild. Behold The Power Of Cheese!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) blue cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely minced green onions (white part only)
- 1 jar diced pimento , drained
- 3/4 cup pecans , divided (Of course, any nut will do!)
- 10 slices bacon , cooked, drained, finely crumbled and divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed Two and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed Two and gradually add milk, mixing until well blended about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add cheeses, onions, pimientos, half of the bacon and half the pecans. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until well blended, about another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly.
- Refrigerate (or freeze) at least 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining bacon and remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a pie plate. Then, remove the plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball lightly in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated. Wrap it back up in plastic wrap and refrigerate again until ready to use.
Valentine’s Day is drawing near and I always get SUPER excited. You see in the Porter House Valentine’s Day for my husband & I is like Christmas for the kids. Yes! Valentine’s Day. A day filled with Love and Romance and Passion and Kisses and Candy and Flowers and Dinner and ok ok you already know. But even though the Porter’s are like that 365, 24/7 …. It’s just something about February the 14. It’s like EXTRA Special. A day designed for LOVE. I know by now you are like Tameca .. the strawberries ??? OK! enough rambling so I guess i’ll move on. Soooo just when you think chocolate covered strawberries were the belle of the ball, thebomb.com, the Pièce de résistance. BAM! The world is introduced to stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries. Talk about a Oh, My Goodness moment. I don’t know who came up with the concept but they got a sure winner with me. #WishingIHadSomeNow
- 12 strawberries
- 3/4 c milk chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- chopped almonds, nuts, graham cracker crumbs (optional for garnish)
- Rinse and halve strawberries lengthwise. Core out the center but leave the stem on. Dry on paper towels.
- Melt chocolate in microwave bowl until melted…stirring regularly.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and dip in the chocolate, covering half of the strawberry. Place on the wax paper lined sheet.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Spoon into a pastry bag. Pipe into strawberries. Sprinkle the nuts or graham cracker crumbs on top for garnish (optional).
- Enjoy with your Sweetie & a glass of wine or champagne.
I recently discovered this recipe while browsing one of my favorite forums. The name along intrigued me to take a look-sy. I never heard of “Funeral Sandwiches” before now but anything that involves a sammie I’m all in. Talk about Total Yum factor; Not to mention the recipe calls for brown sugar and King’s Hawaiian Rolls. Double Yum! This would be a perfect dish for tailgating or entertaining.
For the sandwiches:
- 24 King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 24 slices deli slice Honey Ham
- 24 slices deli slice Swiss cheese
For the glaze:
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced onion (or 2 tsp. dried minced onion)
- Poppy seeds, for sprinkling
1. Cut the rolls in half and spread the insides lightly with mayonnaise. Lightly oil or spray baking pan with Pam. Line the bottom of a baking pan with the bottoms of the rolls. Layer the ham slices, then cheese and place the top half back on.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and onion. Pour the entire concoction over the buns, drenching each one. Sprinkle each sammie with poppy seeds. Cover tightly and marinade anywhere from 4-24 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered or until cheese is melted and bun tops are a bit golden. Serve warm!
*CHEF’S TIP – BYOC (Be Your Own Chef) Mix and Match your favorite deli meats and cheeses to truly personalize it and make it your own.