Valentine’s Day is drawing near and I always get SUPER excited. You see in the Porter House Valentine’s Day for my husband & I is like Christmas for the kids. Yes! Valentine’s Day. A day filled with Love and Romance and Passion and Kisses and Candy and Flowers and Dinner and ok ok you already know. But even though the Porter’s are like that 365, 24/7 …. It’s just something about February the 14. It’s like EXTRA Special. A day designed for LOVE. I know by now you are like Tameca .. the strawberries ??? OK! enough rambling so I guess i’ll move on. Soooo just when you think chocolate covered strawberries were the belle of the ball, thebomb.com, the Pièce de résistance. BAM! The world is introduced to stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries. Talk about a Oh, My Goodness moment. I don’t know who came up with the concept but they got a sure winner with me. #WishingIHadSomeNow
- 12 strawberries
- 3/4 c milk chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- chopped almonds, nuts, graham cracker crumbs (optional for garnish)
- Rinse and halve strawberries lengthwise. Core out the center but leave the stem on. Dry on paper towels.
- Melt chocolate in microwave bowl until melted…stirring regularly.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and dip in the chocolate, covering half of the strawberry. Place on the wax paper lined sheet.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Spoon into a pastry bag. Pipe into strawberries. Sprinkle the nuts or graham cracker crumbs on top for garnish (optional).
- Enjoy with your Sweetie & a glass of wine or champagne.