Beneath the confetti-candy covering of these ice cream pops lies a marvelous surprise: Oreos, M&M’s and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. All swirled together with creamy vanilla ice cream on a Popsicle stick. This recipe is great for all those “mini chefs” to get cooking in the kitchen. Not to mention its a great way for them to get in on all the fun. Perch the pops on a chilled cake stand to give them a longer life during serving.
1/2 package Oreo cookies (12 to 14 cookies) , crushed
15 regular-size Reese’s peanut butter cups, crushed
10 ounces M&M candy (about 1 cup), crushed
1/2 gallon Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
15- 20 (5-ounce) paper cups
Candy Sprinkles or Confetti
1. Crush and combine the Oreo cookies, Reese’s peanut butter cups and M&M candy.
2. Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl of a mixer, then pour in the candy-cookie mix. Mix gently with a paddle attachment. Spoon the ice cream into the cups and carefully insert a popsicle sick into each pop.
3. Freeze until the ice cream has solidified.
4. Pour confetti or sprinkles into a shallow bowl and set aside. Peel the cup from each ice cream pop and roll the pops in the decorations to cover completely.
5. Serve Immediately or store in the freezer for up to 3 days.
*CHEF’S NOTE: BYOC (Be Your Own Chef) Mix and match your favorite candy and/or cookie combinations. Not in the mood for candy or cookies? Try fruit. The possibilities are endless.