Bubble Up Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound 96% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, or 1 onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, buttermilk
- Add whatever typical pizza toppings you like, green pepper, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, etc.
- 1 1/4 cups part skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion powder, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.
2. Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Mix in toppings of your choosing. Spoon mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Weight Watcher Boards