6-8 Tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Old Bay
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup olive oil
4 Tablespoons butter
1. Beat the egg with milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, Old Bay, black pepper, and sea salt.
2. Dip a tilapia fillet into the egg mixture, then press gently into the crumb mixture on both sides; set the coated fillet onto a sheet pan.
3. Repeat with remaining fillets; refrigerate the coated fillets for about 15 minutes to help set the crumbs.
4. Heat olive oil and butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot lay fillets in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on the pan side. Flip fillets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. When done remove fillets from oil and drain on paper towels or paper bag. Sprinkle fillets with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish & Enjoy!
* Chef’s Tip – Want a little smoke flavor? Cook these fillets on the grill. Delish!
Posted on July 10, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged dinner, entree, fish, food, main course, pan fried, Pesca Vegetarian, recipe, tilapia. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment