6-8 Tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Old Bay
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup olive oil
4 Tablespoons butter
1. Beat the egg with milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, Old Bay, black pepper, and sea salt.
2. Dip a tilapia fillet into the egg mixture, then press gently into the crumb mixture on both sides; set the coated fillet onto a sheet pan.
3. Repeat with remaining fillets; refrigerate the coated fillets for about 15 minutes to help set the crumbs.
4. Heat olive oil and butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot lay fillets in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on the pan side. Flip fillets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. When done remove fillets from oil and drain on paper towels or paper bag. Sprinkle fillets with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish & Enjoy!
* Chef’s Tip – Want a little smoke flavor? Cook these fillets on the grill. Delish!