Work. Meetings. Appointments. Playing Taxi Cab. Taking the kids to soccer practice. Helping with Homework. Choir Practice. The list just goes on and on. And after all that who has time for some quiet alone time with your spouse or significant other? Let alone stand over a hot stove and cook a gourmet meal. But don’t fret; Sunshine is here to save the day or night in this case. I’ve discovered 15 Easy One-Pot Recipes that you can re-create together for a special date night in. So light some candles, turn on some slow jams and open up a bottle of your favorite wine. It’s time to unplug and connect with some good food & adult conversation!
1. Baked Chicken with Tomatoes & Garlic: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
2. Skillet Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan: Get the recipe on Simple Bites
3. Potato, Kale & White Bean Hash: Get the recipe on Beard & Bonnet
4. Creamy Baked Millet w/ Butternut Squash: Get the recipe on Autumn Makes And Does
5. Barbeque Shrimp – New Orleans Style: Get the recipe on Wonky Wonderful
6. Mushroom Skillet Lasagna: Get the recipe on Savory Simple
7. Crispy Chicken Legs and Brussels Sprouts: Get the recipe on So Let’s Hang Out!
8. Saffron Shakshouka: Get the recipe on Brooklyn Supper
9. Spicy roast chicken with Carrots, Olives & Lemon: Get the recipe on The Crumb Blog
10. Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup: Get the recipe on Nosh & Nourish
11. Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
12. Chicken & Eggplant Sauté: Get the recipe on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
13. Skillet Spaghetti: Get the recipe on Julie’s Eats & Treats
14. Thai Basil Cashew Chicken Skillet: Get the recipe on Running To The Kitchen
15. Saucy Chicken: Get the recipe on Diethood
Photo Credits: Simple Bites, Wonky Wonderful & Nosh and Nourish
Smoothies are a great way to boost your fruits and veggies daily intake. It makes a delicious quick breakfast, a nice refreshing snack, a wonderful healthy dessert or a super post-training drink. Not only the flavor combinations are infinite, you can prepare different recipes to benefit from specific health components from its ingredients. One other great thing about smoothies is that to the opposite of simple juices, it keeps all the natural fiber, which help cleansing the digestive tract. The powerful detox foods that go into it help your liver to detox naturally, and they can help you stay healthy and look great.
Rich in digestion supporting ingredients, this smoothie will help prevent bloating and digestive stress that can sabotage your tummy flattening efforts.
- 3/4 c. papaya
- 3/4c. sliced peaches
- 1/2 pear, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 mint leaves
- Water to thin
Antioxidants in berries are known to help to fight wrinkles and other skin ageing signs. Berries are also a great way to control blood sugar that can sabotage your complexion. This smoothie also contains Omega 3, to fight inflammation, as well as vitamins E and C, both renown to help the skin.
- 3/4 c blueberries
- 3/4 c pitted cherries
- 5 strawberries
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tsp wheat germ (optional)
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- Water, to thin
Peanut Butter Energy Booster
This protein-rich and minerals-filled smoothie will give you long-lasting energy. Cinnamon will help to control your blood sugar so your energy level won’t crash too quickly.
- 1 big banana
- 1 scoop of natural hemp protein powder
- 2 tsp of natural peanut butter
- 1 handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Water, to thin
This vitamin-rich green smoothie contains calcium, magnesium and other bone building minerals to keep your bone strong and healthy.
- 2 bananas
- 1 handful of Swiss chard leaves, stems removed
- 1 handful of kale leaves
- 1 tsp of green Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup of homemade almond milk
Immune System Booster
Rich in vitamin A, C and zinc, this smoothie can increase the production of white blood cells and antibodies to get your body ready to resist this season’s infections.
- 1/2 c. mango cubes
- 1/2 c. cantaloupe cubes
- 1/2 c. fresh pineapple cubes
- 1/4 c. chopped pumpkin seeds
- Water, to thin
Natural Skin Tanner
Studies have proven that a beta-carotene rich diet can make your complexion glow, and that particular skin tone is usually considered healthier than a regular skin tan. This smoothie can help you get that healthy glow without risking your skin lying under the sun.
- 1/2 cup of cantaloupe cubes
- 1/2 cup of papaya
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of carrot juice (or water)
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger
Feel the power of this detox foods-rich smoothie. Very rich in antioxidants, this smoothie will help to support your liver to detox naturally and help your body stay healthy and young longer.
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate kernels
- 1/4 cup of beet juice (optional)
- 1 banana
- Water to thin
What do you add to your Smoothies?