- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Three 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- One 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup prepared salsa, mild or spicy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled, drained and shredded
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- One 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- One 1.27-ounce packet fajita seasoning
- One 16-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack, grated
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and the onion and saute until softened, 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more. Add the broth and the half-and-half. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and fajita seasoning. Continue to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Crumble the tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with a ladle of soup. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.
3. Serve & Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Trisha Yearwood Southern Kitchen