Taco Crescent Pie
We love Mexican inspired food in the Porter House. Well we love all food but Mexican is high on the list as one of our faves. Especially Taco Salad. I remember one time my sister had called and in our conversation she asked, “What did we have for dinner?” Before I could even answer she was like “Let me guess, ummm Taco Salad.” Real funny sis, Real funny. And no we did not have Taco Salad. Well not that day at least. LOL. Anywho, my good friend and roommate from college introduced me to this fabulous recipe. It’s like having a pizza (our other fave) but in taco formation. It’s #SoGood. Make it today. Your family would love you for it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla or corn chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Sour Cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce (optinal), for garnish
- Sliced ripe olives (optional), for garnish
- Diced tomatoes (optional), for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add seasoning mix, water and salsa; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spread the crescent roll dough in 10-in. pie plate to form crust; press seams to seal. Sprinkle 1 cup tortilla/corn chips over bottom of crust. Add meat mixture; spread with sour cream. Sprinkle on the remaining tortilla/corn and then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve with lettuce, olives and tomatoes and Ole’.