Homemade Granola Bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking (1 minute) oats
- ½ cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup m & m’s
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional drizzle)
- In a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the honey, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Bring to a very light simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in oats and Rice Krispies until completely coated.
- Press mixture into a 8 x 8 inch pan lined with greased parchment paper. Be sure to press down really firm.
- Sprinkle the top with m&m’s and press them into the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- Drizzle on the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or in airtight container. (I prefer fridge)
- Eat & Enjoy!
Posted on January 11, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged dessert, food, Granola Bar, lunch, recipe, snack, sugar fairy bake shoppe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment