Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted by Lady Fab
Makes twenty-six 5-inch cookies or 8 1/2 dozen 1 1/4-inch cookies
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
5. Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
7. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Serve & Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
About Lady FabHello & Welcome to My Life In The FAB Lane! First and foremost my name is Tameca; FABulously known as Lady Fab. With a new vision and outlook on life … I have discovered the true meaning of being FREE and loving & accepting the person that God has made me to be … so much so that I have decided to document my life through blog. So buckle your seatbealts & come along for ride, as I take you into a glimpse of what it is really like Being Lady Fab. And Always remember a Lady should always be two things … Classy and FABULOUS! ~ Lady Fab
Posted on October 26, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged chocolate chip cookies, dessert, food, Jacques Torres, recipe, snack, sugar fairy bake shoppe, sweets. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.