French Onion Soup Burger
- 1lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 Packet of Lipton Onion soup Mix
- 1 Packet of Beef Seasoning or 1 packet of “Au Jus” seasoning
- 5 medium Onions
- 8 tbs. Butter
- Swiss Cheese or Gruyere Cheese Slices
- Burger Buns
1. Slice up the Onions , keeping them thin…wipe your tears!
2. In a medium pan, add the butter and the onions and let them get golden & caramelized. Stir them to keep them evenly coated in the butter.
3. Mix the ground beef with the Soup packet and form burger patties.
4. Grill them up until they’re done to your liking!
5. While they’re grilling up, make the Au Jus! Add the packet with 2 cups of water to a medium pot and simmer.
6. Top those hot burgers with a generous amount of Swiss/Gruyere cheese, cover them with a foil tent and let it get melty!
7. Brush the buns with some warm Au Jus!
8. Now stack that big juicy, cheesy burger…You’ll need two hands and/or a knife and napkins for sure!
Recipe Source & Photo Credit is courtesy of: Oh Bite It