Lemon Pound Cake
for the cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, soften
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Jell-O lemon gelatin mix
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon extract
for the glaze
- 5-6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated zest of 2 lemon
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray bunt pan with cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, gelatin mix, cream cheese, eggs lemon extract and oil; blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Place waxed paper underneath to catch any drips.
4. To make the glaze, sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and water. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
Spoon or drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible.
5. Serve & Enjoy!
*CHEF’S TIP – For an extra boost of lemony flavor; Poke holes in the cake and pour 1/2 of the glaze over the cake while still in the pan when it comes out the oven.