Lemon Pound Cake
for the cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, soften
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Jell-O lemon gelatin mix
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon extract
for the glaze
- 5-6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated zest of 2 lemon
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray bunt pan with cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, gelatin mix, cream cheese, eggs lemon extract and oil; blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Place waxed paper underneath to catch any drips.
4. To make the glaze, sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and water. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
Spoon or drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible.
5. Serve & Enjoy!
*CHEF’S TIP – For an extra boost of lemony flavor; Poke holes in the cake and pour 1/2 of the glaze over the cake while still in the pan when it comes out the oven.
Posted on October 12, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged dessert, food, lemon pound cake, recipe, sugar fairy bake shoppe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment