Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water, add, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened. Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through. Stir in cheese, allow to melt.
3. Serve & Enjoy!
Posted on October 12, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged cheesy vegetable chowder, chowder, dinner, food, lunch, recipe, soup, the porter house grille, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Mmmmmm…that soup looks lovely. I feel warm and content just looking at your picture. 🙂