Porter House Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is becoming one of the Porter House faves. YES! my friends we have graduated from tuna, tuna all the time. But don’t get me wrong we still love tuna just as much. But when we are in the mood for something different, something “Porter House Gourmet”. We crave chicken salad. But not just any chicken salad. One that will satisfy the sweet and the savory. Mmmm, Tasty!
- 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil..
2. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Roast until golden and completely cooked through, about 50 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Remove the skin from the chicken. Shred the meat with a fork and then roughly chop. Add to a bowl with the bacon, grapes, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, celery, onion and salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste and mix well.
4. Serve & Enjoy!
*CHEF’S NOTE – Jazz this salad up by serving it in an edible toast cup, an edible tomato cup or in a lettuce cup/wrap
Posted on August 23, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged celery, chicken breast, dinner, food, lemon juice, lunch, mayonnaise, olive oil, onion, Pollo Vegetarian, recipe, red seedless grapes, tarragon, the porter house grille, turkey bacon. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.