I myself have never been a big fruity type pie person. However I do like them, I just don’t LOVE them like I LOVE chocolate. So when I was shopping in the market one day I was at a lost at what dessert I was going to fix for Sunday dinner. I wanted and craved something different. Something more than the ordinary. So I left the store and went home and Google away until I came upon a recipe I was intrigued by. It was something simple but yet classic. The good ole Strawberry Shortcake. This was perfect because strawberries were in season and I knew that this was going to be a good change. Besides any recipe that has cream cheese and powdered sugar in it has to be good. With a little re-mixing I made this recipe a true Porter House Original. Try it today, You’ll be glad that you did.
Yellow Cake Mix
Oil or Butter (Depends on Cake Mix)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
8 oz. Cream Cheese (soften)
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
1 container of Strawberries
1. Mix the first five ingredients and bake cake according to box instructions (Note: I use a 9 x 13 pan)
2. Let cake cool completely … While the cake is cooling make the topping …
3. Blend soften cream cheese with powdered sugar … After the cream cheese/sugar is combined; Fold in cool whip … After everything is combined frost mixture on cooled cake ..
4. Next step is to wash & cut strawberries … Sprinkle evenly over entire cake …
5. Eat and enjoy … refrigerate any leftovers ..
*CHEF’S TIP : If strawberries are not your thing (BYOC – Be Your Own Chef) and use whatever fruit you like. Happy Baking!