Train Your Natural Hair With These Edible Conditioners
Oh, the woes of dry, natural hair! If your hair is lacking moisture, hydration, then cooperation is not happening. Does your natural hair seem to soak up moisture in a few hours as if the other twenty doesn’t need to be accounted for? Dry, brittle, unmanageable, frizzy is in your frame of reference when describing your hair? It probably can benefit from a deep conditioner. To remedy dry hair, try working with ten natural foods, like ripe, yummy avocados and golden, sweet bananas, both full of natural oils straight from the pantry. Why? Not anti-product, but weed out the best products that actually work and not pay so much to achieve beautiful, manageable hair. While avocados are pricey, the benefit of getting 100% avocado chock full of nutrients, and not a hybrid of 30 other ingredients, is priceless!
Here are ten edible items that can be use as an natural deep conditioner and their benefits for hair:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Smooths hair shafts over time, preventing split ends.
2. Avocado: Helps hydrate hair, natural oils repairs split ends.
3. Banana: Rich in potassium, natural oils, vitamins that softens hair.
4. Coconut oil: Essential proteins to rebuild damage hair.
5. Eggs: Protein rich, makes hair more manageable.
6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Controls frizzy hair, full of good fats.
7. Honey: Natural humectant, provides impeccable shine.
8. Mayonnaise: Another form of eggs, providing shiny, soft hair.
9. Molasses: Full of proteins, minerals helps to relieve hair of stress.
10. Plain Yogurt: Great protein supplier leaves hair shiny, soft.
Homemade Deep Conditioner Recipes:
1 Whole Avocado
1 cup real Mayonaise
3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Oil
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/2 Can of Coconut Milk
2-3 tablespoon each of Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Honey
1/2 cup of Plain Yogurt
1/4 Cup of Molasses
1/3 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 jars of Banana baby food (Some like the baby food better because of less messiness than a whole banana)
1 jar of Banana baby food
1/4-1/2cup Coconut Cream or Milk
2 tablespoons of Honey
2 tablespoons of Coconut and Avocado (or the oil)
1/2 cup of Plain Yogurt
2 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 cup of Mayonnaise
3 jars of Banana baby food
It’s best to blend all items in a blender to ensure a well-blended mix. Feel free to add drops of natural oils like lavender or rose for an invigorating scent and know you aren’t marry to the exact specifications of these formulas! Try them all—add or deduct what works best for your hair. After all, all hair is not created equal.
Copyright 2011 – 2012 Popular Critic