For the Salad:
Red onion, thinly sliced
Cucumber, sliced and seeded
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
For the Lemon Garlic Dressing:
6 Tablespoons of olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 Teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1. For the salad: Wash lettuce,tomatoes and cucumber well (make sure you spin-dry the lettuce when finished). Peel and slice 1/2 of a cucumber, set aside. In a bowl combine and toss all the veggies; set aside
2. For the dressing: Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar together. Then add the minced garlic and oregano. Once the mixture is fully incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well again, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Toss salad with prepared dressing and garnish with fresh feta cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
*CHEF’S TIP – If you are not the proud owner of a salad spinner place freshly washed lettuce in a clean towel. Spin towel around in a circular motion for about a minute or so. Viola! Instant spin-dried lettuce.
Every since I was knee-high to a grass hopper one of my favorite things to eat was buttered toast. I would have it for breakfast, sometimes as an after school snack while I watched School House Rock & Scooby Doo … And if I really wanted to jazz it up I would add some good ole’ government cheese on top … Man, Those where the times (LOL) … Now-a-days my diet has changed and I tend to be more watchful of what I eat. But then there are those times when I just crave something that is just plain wrong and all the way fattening … Besides, who said you can’t indulge every now and then?
1 loaf of crusty bread, French or Italian
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 bunch green onions, white parts removed, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter, cheeses, green onions, garlic and mayonnaise in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cut the loaf of bread in half. Spread the prepared cheese mixture on each half of bread, and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
4. Cut into slices & serve.