Well the time has come and I am ready for some football baby. And what goes perfect with football? Snacks of course. So here is a yummy recipe that takes the savory cheese ball and turns it into something sweet. Like I said before anything with peanut butter & chocolate; I’m All In!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, and/or apple slices for dipping
1. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until blended.
2. Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly forming into a ball shape.
3. Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape. Place peanut butter and chocolate chips in flat dish. Remove plastic wrap from ball and roll ball into morsels to completely cover, pressing morsels into the ball if necessary.
4. Place ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.) Serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, or apple slices for dipping or spreading.
*Chef’s Note – Celery sticks and/or carrots make for an excellent dipper for this dip also.
Sometimes I run across a recipe that seems to good to be true! And this is one of those recipes!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies???
How has something so delicious-sounding eluded me all my life? I have always adored peanut butter and chocolate together. Whoever invented that combination deserves a Nobel Prize as far as I’m concerned. The fact that I have never tasted these little morsels before….well, it’s simply unacceptable and must be remedied….immediately!
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.
2. Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 3/4 full). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
3. Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.
4. Indulge with a tall glass of cold milk.