DIY Monday: Homemade Chocolate Frosty
Question: Have you ever had a frosty from Wendy’s?
If you answered yes then you know that on a HOT summer day there is nothing better than this chocolaty treat. It’s Rich, Creamy and Oh So Dreamy! So when I ran across this copy cat recipe I was like, SCORE! So go ahead, INDULGE a little! It’s inexpensive, delicious, and you will score “The Coolest Mom EVER!” points! Besides you deserve it.
P.S. Don’t let the summer pass you by without giving this recipe a try.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 (7 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together the milk, chocolate syrup, and condensed milk, and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks just begin to form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn on ice cream maker. Pour the chocolate milk mixture into the already running bowl of the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions (about 15 – 20 minutes). Once the ice cream is thick, turn the maker off, remove the paddle, and fold in the chilled whipped cream until it is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a covered, freezer-safe container and freeze. (If freezing, let ice cream soften a few minutes before serving; you want it to be the consistency of a milkshake.)
Posted on July 29, 2013, in All Things FABulous and tagged dessert, DIY Monday, food, recipe, snack, sugar fairy bake shoppe, The Rays Of Sunshine, vegetarian, Wendy's Frosty. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.