Porter House Dream Bars
*Warning – The recipe you are about to see is a diet wrecker. So get the spanx and the girdles ready.
Alright now that I have that out of the way do I have a real treat for you. Something that is Oooey, Gooey and Oh So Chewy; the Porter House Dream Bars. Now I know that some of you have probably had this recipe before. You probably even refer to them as 5 Layer Bars, 7 Layer Bars and even Hello Dollies. It’s pretty much the same but different. I have topsy turvy the original recipe and remixed it into a Porter House Original. It’s #SoGood!
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix (plus egg and butter called for on the package)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper leaving an over hang on the sides, and then spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Make cookie dough according to package directions and then press it evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cookie dough evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, peanut butter chips, and butterscotch chips. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over top and then sprinkle on the M&M’s.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (do not overbake, the edges will be golden brown and the middle may look slightly underdone) and then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars and serve.
*Chef’s Tip – These bars are perfect for you to BYOC (Be Your Own Chef). Basically just play around with the ingredients. The beauty about it is you can add or take away anything from these bars and adjust it to your liking! Want nuts? Add nuts. Want Fruit? Add dried fruits. Mix and match different candies and flavored chips! Have fun and let your imagination run wild! After all who knows you better than you.
Posted on January 18, 2013, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged 5 Layer Bars, 7 Layer Bars, dessert, Dream Bars, food, Hello Dollies, recipe, sugar fairy bake shoppe. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
This looks yummy! Please share this in a new Linky Party –Weekend Kitchen Creations at http://www.weekendkitchencreations.blogspot.com. Please join us, share your delicious creation, build more traffic for your blog and get other scrumptious ideas.
I’ll right away snatch your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me recognise in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.
Hello there & thanks for stopping by and showing “The Rays of Sunshine” some love. If you would like to receive email subscriptions just simply click on the FOLLOW button under the calendar. Look forward to you visiting with us again ~ Tameca
WOW! Looks killer!