Hot Bean Dip
The first time I had bean dip I was blown away. It was in my 1oth grade Spanish class. We had to do a presentation for class and one of my classmates had brought a bean dip for extra credit. I think he was just trying to kiss up to the teacher. Such a Show-off. Making us all look bad with his fabulous, oh so good bean dip.. Anywho, it was a big hit and everyone loved it. The only regret I have about it was I wish I got the recipe. Even though I have not found an exact replica, I have discovered this concoction that is Easy. Peasy. Hot and Cheesy. Just absolutely delicious. Try this hot cheesy delicious dip at your next gathering! Your friends will thank you!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) block Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the refried beans, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce, parsley, green onions, 1/2 the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese.
3. Transfer the mixture to an 8×12 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned.
Posted on August 30, 2012, in Lady Fab Cooks and tagged appetizer, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, entertaining, food, green onions, monterrey jack cheese, parsley, party, recipe, refried beans, snack, sour cream, taco seasoning mix, the porter house grille, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.