Let me set the scene. It’s Valentine’s Day 2005 and I am hard at work turning our apartment into a restaurant before my Sweetie comes home from work. From the decor, to the lighting, to the music, the printed menus and made from scratch dinner I thought I had it going on. I was ALL IN & loving every minute of it. The night was magical, memorable and one for the record books. But who knew that the main course “Chicken Parmesan” would become a Porter House Original & Fave. 8 years later we are still in love with the original recipe but when we want to take it to the next level this Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is our go to. It’s like having Chicken Parm and Stuffed Chicken Breasts all rolled up into one. Try it today! You’ll be so glad that you did.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided and beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a medium bowl mix the 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs together with 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese, set aside. Beat one egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, artichokes, garlic, one beaten egg, 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste. Lay each chicken breast on a cutting board and spread with 1/4 of the ricotta mixture; Roll each chicken breast up and secure with toothpicks. Now dip the cutlets in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place each breast seam side down in a lightly greased 9X13 baking dish. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour the spaghetti sauce over the chicken breasts. Top with the sliced mushrooms and remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve & Enjoy!