OMG! Who loves cheesecake? I DO! And I found another recipe that would fit the bill for these EXTREMELY HOT summer days ahead. And here in the great state of Florida the summer never ends. LOL. So try this recipe on for size. I think that you might like it. I sure do. Hello Summer 🙂
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Divas Can Cook
- 1¾ cups strawberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1-3 Tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet the strawberries already are)
- 4-6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, over medium heat add water, strawberries, sugar.
- Cook until strawberries are soft enough to completely mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Taste and add more sugar if needed. It should be sweet yet still have a little natural tartness.
- Removed mashed strawberries from heat and let cool.
- Place strawberry mixture in a blender and blend until completely pureed.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large bowl cream together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract (if using).
- Layer the mixture into popsicle molds. Starting with a little bit of the strawberry mixture or any way you desire.
- Use a wooden skewer to swirl the mixture if desired.
- Freeze overnight.
- Run popsicle mold under warm water to release the frozen popsicles.
*Chef’s Tip: This is a great recipe to BYOC (Be Your Own Chef). Try & experiment with different fruits like blueberry, cherry or better yet chocolate. The options are endless!