So my daughter, niece and nephew LOVE themselves some honey mustard. Just as much as they LOVE ranch dressing. Well one day my husband and I decided to try this stuff they love so much. Just to see what all the rave was about. And you know what, WE FELL IN LOVE TOO! I know I am a little late to the party but this stuff is the bomb. So whenever I find a recipe that calls for honey mustard I am all over it. Give this one a try. It is sooo good!
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 whole (juice Of) orange
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
zest of one orange
8 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
8 slices Turkey Bacon
4 slices sharp provolone cheese
4 slices swiss cheese
1. To begin, make the marinade. In a large bowl mix together 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup honey, juice of 1/2 orange, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, minced garlic, dried basil and orange zest; whisk until smooth. Set Aside.
2. Next, rinse the chicken breasts and cut (lengthwise) into half. Next, add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours or overnight.
3. After the chicken is marinated, pan fry the bacon, drain and set aside. When finished cooking bacon clean out the skillet and heat up canola oil in clean skillet over medium high heat. Also preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Remove the chicken from the fridge and pour off excess marinade. When the grease is nice and hot add two pieces of chicken to it. Cook until brownish/blackish, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove chicken to a large baking sheet. Repeat skillet process and remove finished chicken to baking sheet until all chicken breast are cooked. Place the chicken in preheated oven and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Lay 2 pieces of bacon over each chicken breast. Place a piece of provolone and swiss cheese over the top of each chicken breast. Return pan to oven for an additional minute or two, or until cheese is melted and bacon is sizzling.
6. Toast sourdough bread and spread each slice with mayo. Garnish one slice with lettuce and tomato; then top with chicken breast. Crown with the second slice and cut in half. Serve immediately.