So you may ask, What is this recipe that I see on the screen? It’s Something Rich! Something Chocolatey! Something Oh So Divine! Yes! It is none other than “The Fudge Brownie Pie.” This is definitely a must if you love Chocolate like we do. So go ahead and get that tall, ice cold glass of milk ready. Cause this recipe is about to put you in a straight sugar shock.
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of The English Kitchen
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup caster/bakers sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
for the frosting:
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Butter a 9 inch flan pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter, eggs and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in the toasted nuts. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake on a middle shelf of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle the marshmallows on top and return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the marshmallows. Remove from the oven and carefully spread the chocolate frosting over top.
- To make the chocolate frosting mix all ingredients together in a bowl, beating with an electric whisk until smooth and thick. Spread on the hot marshmallows.
- Let cool completely. Cut into wedges to serve.