The Porter House love us some deviled eggs. These evil hors d’ouvres are fantastic for all types of gatherings. From Easter egg hunts, summer picnic potlucks and holiday parties they go hand in hand. My family goes crazy over them at every event. Not to mention that I myself have been known to devour a dozen of these delectable delights in one sitting (LOL). So bring some to your next social gathering. They are quick, easy and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 12 eggs
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- paprika for garnish (optional)
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water has boiled for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and cover pot with lid. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water, then cool the eggs under cold running water. Peel once cold.
2. Dry the eggs thoroughly with paper towels, and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, and place in a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork, and stir in the sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Next add the mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressing, and vinegar, one at a time, stirring to incorporate each ingredient before adding the next.
3. Mound a heaping teaspoonful of the yolk mixture into the cavity of each egg half, and sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
*CHEF’S NOTE – Want a more polished look? Put the egg filling into a piping bag or freezer bag (with a cut off corner), and pipe the filling into the egg white halves.